Friday 11 November 2011

Encounters Festival 2011


I will be at Encounters International Film Festival next week with my graduation film The Man Who Was Afraid of Falling which is in competition. This is a great festival I've attended a few times before. In 2007 my short animation Showdown at Yohoko Valley was shortlisted for the DepicT 90 second film competition and screened at Encounters. This year I'm looking forward to: UK/Europe Animation Schools Discussion (particularly interested as I've been fortunate enough to study at both, inc. briefly Gobelins), John Kricfalusi (creator of Ren & Stimpy), Future of Short Film Talk (how do we get them made? Who can fund them?), NFTS Cinematography masterclass (great speakers) and... Studio AKA talk with Philip Hunt (can't wait).

The Man Who Was Afraid of Falling (2011) © Joseph Wallace

My grad film will be screening at the Arnolfini on Weds 16th at 6pm (£7) and Fri 18th at 12pm (£5). For more details on the screenings click here. I'll be knocking around the fest for most of the week with RCA pin-up Peter Millard who's new film Hogan is also screening. If you're around, come find us, we'll be the ones drinking free champagne in the corner.

Hogan (2011) Dir. Peter Millard © Peter Millard/RCA

One last thing, I am also now 'tweeting'. Trying to get my head around all this #@linkylinky business but you can follow me on it here: twitter.com/#!/josephwallaceuk

No comments: